One of the programs that is commonly launched once a mosque is established, regardless of its size, is to provide some sort of Islamic education for children and younger generations. Masjid Al-Hikmah, offers the Saturday School, where elementary and middle school children can learn about Islam. Currently, with about more than one hundred students, of which some students are non-Indonesians, Saturday School can be regarded as Masjid Al-Hikmah’s spearhead of its community services.
General information and rules:
1. Parent/guardian must complete the registration form and return it to the school administration.
2. School starts on September (call for details).
3. School hours are :
a. First period : 11.00 am – 12.30 pm
b. Second period : 01.30 pm – 03.00 pm
4. All female students must wear Hijab (hair cover) during school hours.
5. Students must have his/her own school supplies:
a. One note book
b. Sharpened pencils and pens
d. One pocket folder
e. Islamic books that they use in their class, Iqra’ Short surah, Salat, Du’a (available at school)
6. School does not provide lunch. Students bring their own snack/lunch.
7. Parent/guardian must drop and pick up their children on time.
8. Everyone who enters the mosque must abide the mosque rules.
Tuition and payment
School payment can be paid in cash or check/money order payable to IMCI. You can mail the check to the
(Indonesian Muslim Community Inc.)
48-01 31st Avenue, Long Island City NY. 11103
Phone (718)-721-8881—Fax. (718)-721-8851
and make sure your account number is written on the check. If you prefer pay by cash, the payment should be handed over directly to the School Administration on school hours.
Number of Children